Sunday, March 27, 2011

Great Ritual!

1301100591720

Despite the fact that my spouse has been involved in Wicca for less than two years, I have to say that he REALLY knows how to craft and lead a ritual. This past Friday was the Ostara Rite for Turning Circle. Doug managed to create a ritual that had elements of Wicca and the Unitarian Univeralist’s “Flower Communion” ritual. It was very life-affirming.

I am really glad that we are part of Turning Circle. When I joined 3.5 years ago, there were five or six full members and two or three irregulars coming to each service. Now we have twelve full members and another 9-12 irregulars. For Ostara, we had 21 people show up! And people are starting to bring their kids. I think this is great. It really does seem like Turning Circle is becoming a mainstream religious organization and not a mere curiosity.

Doug also did a rune divination for everyone. It was pretty neat. I’m really happy that Doug found a religion that he is happy with. He was quite unhappy with Christianity and Buddhism sort of left him cold. But Wicca really does seem to work for him.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you both found a place that you are comfortable worshipping. seems doug found a home just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you please some day write about Wiccan vs. Buddhism? I don't know either so I don't know the difference; I thought Buddism was close to Wiccan

    ReplyDelete