Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busted Roof


I'd upload a picture of the roof but I don't have a tall enough ladder. Apparently the big wind storm that rolled through on Friday ruined the roof on our house. So the insurance adjuster is supposed to be coming out on Monday to see what has to be done. I am hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow -- really hoping it doesn't rain. Egads.

From the Wiccan perspective, I take great comfort in the firm knowledge that "shit happens". My ruined roof is not the result of divine wrath. It's not because I'm gay. It's not because I cannot afford to tithe. Disasters just happen.

Realistically, there're not really such thing as "bad weather" either. There's weather that is capable of destroying my property. But there's no moral component involved. It just is what it is.

I am, however, glad that I'm the kind of person that pays bills on time. So my insurance will cover the cost of getting the house fixed. It's stressful and it's a drag. But it is what it is.

On the bright side, I have a firm date set for teaching my first Wicca class at Candles & Cauldrons. Starting May 29th, I'll be teaching an 8-part introduction to the Wiccan faith. Very cool.

I'm very displeased with my sister. She abandoned our mom (who is terminally ill). She snuck off to Tennessee after extracting every red cent out of her boyfriend. She had lived only three miles from mom. My brother, Andy, lives an hour away and I live four hours away. This sucks. I'm basically through with speaking to my sister for the foreseeable future.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles, Hon. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank goodness no one got hurt! We can never tell when nature may strike. What's important is you are all safe. Well, at least now you know that you can handle having a busted roof.

    Freddy Wingfried

    ReplyDelete
  3. What matters most is that you’re safe and sound. That’s it. :) And you have insurance to deal with your damaged roof. It may take some time, but that’s a lot better than paying all of those expenses yourself. Stay safe. ;)

    - Max Boughner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A roof can be repaired and replaced but life is irreplaceable. At least, you survived the wind storm and no one got hurt. Don’t mind the cost of the repairs; just be thankful now that you are safe.

    -Mary Martin

    ReplyDelete
  5. A storm is a fortuitous event that can happen at the least expected moment. It does not choose its victims. Being affected by the devastating storm has nothing to do with your nonpayment of tithes; it’s not even a result of divine wrath. Although your roof was completely ruined, let us still be thankful that no one from your family was injured. Anyway, a roof is just a material thing that can be replaced anytime. You are also fortunate because you have insurance to cover the cost of fixing your house and your roof.

    Chantay Smithingell

    ReplyDelete