Sunday, August 14, 2011

High Priest Syndrome

From a religious standpoint, few things are more annoying in Wicca than dealing with someone with "High Priest Syndrome"
 I've had this ongoing problem with a third degree High Priest that made five dedicants last year. This weekend was supposed to be the weekend in which the dedicants were supposed to be upgraded to initiates.

Well, it turns out that the High Priest outsourced the writing of the ritual to someone else who apparently wrote an over-the-top monstrosity that involved whips and nudity. What a laugh! Needless to say, the HP rejected that ritual. However, he had no "Plan B". He also went AWOL.

I'm glad that I am already an initiate in another tradition. This High Priest really wasted my time .

1 comment:

  1. I suppose all religions have this; it only seems more upsetting in Wicca who should be above such nonsense?

    ReplyDelete