Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

Doug and I have had a nice visit with his mom (Jane). She had gall bladder surgery a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say that she seems to have made a full recovery. Huzzah! It's always nice to visit with family when it is with family members that are accepting and life-affirming.

Doug's been a vegetarian for about a month, but I didn't hold it against him that he ate some turkey. I'm not really sure if I could tolerate meat at this point, after being vegetarian for four years. But Jane and Doug are both good cooks. They made me some tofu turkey cutlets that were quite good, as well as some mushroom gravy to go with the fake turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.

I ended up giving Doug his Yule present a bit early. He has been wanting a Nook book reader for nearly a year. I could not afford one when the price was $140, but B&N had the gadget for $79.99 last night so I knew I had to get it for him. Doug is very pleased. The Nook has a really sharp monochrome screen that seems to be almost the same resolution of a printed book. I also discovered that I can read his Nook books on my cell phone too. Whoo-hoo! Gotta love the Android App market, eh?

I am grateful to my friend Jeff for watching our two cats while we are away. If Jeff had not done us this favor, I would have had to stay home with the pets. Jeff is a really good friend.

Tomorrow is going to be a drag. We must face the 6-7 hour drive from Erie to Baltimore. The horror... the horror...

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Indigo:)!! E-readers are great! Iknow Doug will love it!
    Hope your trip home is safe and at least interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindle was the way to go... But so long as Doug likes it, that's what matters.

    And it was no bother feeding your cats. Traffic in and out of the city was as light as I've ever seen it both days, which was nice.

    And I think that you and Doug are better friends than I am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erie to Baltimore sounds a bit unpleasant, if the weather is inclement. I hope it goes well enough.

    ReplyDelete