Thursday, December 2, 2010

Soul Freezing!

Ok... Maybe it's not actually cold enough to actually freeze souls, but this butterfly is a warm weather creature! Today was the first day it seemed actually wintery. It was 32 degrees and the house was pretty cold.

Why was the house cold? Well, the unregulated monopoly energy company raised rates almost three-fold between 2006 and 2008. So it basically costs $30/day to heat the house. Today was the first day I turned the heat on. I had been tolerating 45-degree weather. But this morning was just too cold.

The guy who owns the power company gave himself a $40 million bonus in 2008. Nice.

When I retire, I want to move somewhere warm.

1 comment:

  1. I still think that's crazy about the cost for heating down there! I would be complaining to my congressman! :(

    ReplyDelete