Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Soul-freezing

Well... It is only a week until the winter solstice. I'll be pretty happy when the days start getting longer again. As it is, it's dark when I leave for work and it's dark by the time I get home from work. Ugh.

I'm happy to say, however, that my mom is alive for another Yule. She was given six months to live -- almost three years ago. Her health is quite bad, but it seems like her lung disease is at least stabilized. For that, I am grateful to the universe.

Doug is leading the Yule service at Turning Circle this Friday. I'm pretty excited about that. Doug is pretty good at writing rituals.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going well for you two! Happy Yule and keep warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Yule; but as I live in AZ now, the return of the sun is not all it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to get tired of it getting dark not long after 3pm!

    ReplyDelete