Sunday, January 23, 2011

No recent photo ops

For all intents and purposes, I'm a warm weather person. I don't even mind when it's very hot. For example, I did a 14-mile power walk in 105 degree weather. But I sure don't like cold weather much. So, alas, I don't get out much when it's freezing cold.

It was 14 degrees out yesterday when I did the grocery shopping. The sky was flat grey and the sun looked like a heatless brass disc in the sky. Very uninspiring. Even the limited exposure outdoors made me feel fatigued.

So... There will be more entries and more pictures when it's at least 40 degrees out. For now at least I'm sorta trapped in the house for the next six weeks or so when the weather starts warming up.

But fear not, friends, spring will come. There will be new flowers, new growth, new butterflies, and the critters of the woods will return. The wheel of the year turns. This is just a quiet part of the year.

3 comments:

  1. If that's the case, then steer clear of New England. It was -5 degrees this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been particularly cold around here lately! I can understand why you don't want to go out if you're a warm weather person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glad to see you posting ; I hope spring comes soon.

    ReplyDelete