Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Creatures of Stone




It was pretty much the perfect day for an after-work walk.The sky sort of had a "ripple" effect that one only sees in autumn. It was very pretty. I randomly discovered that Johns Hopkins University has a sculpture garden in the middle of the campus. I can tell you from direct observation that JHU is certainly better maintained than the rest of the city. The sculpture garden had about a dozen stone animals of all kinds. I took pictures of the three I liked the best.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    hard work behind this art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna: Yup. That's why I'm always a big fan of art endowments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drawn to stone and rock, given it is part of my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TIOF: I think that was my favorite one too.

    Ur-Spo: I always feel a sense of wonder when I observe the massive rock formations on some of the nature trails.

    ReplyDelete