Friday, October 1, 2010

Trees

After 60+ hours of continuous rain, I was greeted to a sunny afternoon after I got off work today. I really like the period between Mabon and Samhain. It's basically the most temperate six weeks of the year. The trees have not yet started changing colors yet,but there's a feeling that they are in the process of winding down for the winter. It's a thing that can be sensed but not yet seen.




Despite living in a run-down, crime-ridden, rat-infested metropolis, I've found that if I walk about a mile away, I can start encountering some very interesting old trees. Some of them are now protected by the City of Baltimore with signs that read "Specimen tree,. Do not disturb". This is a positive development!

3 comments:

  1. A very positive environmental policy in Baltimore, not really what I have expected, very good development, I must admit. I have been to Baltimore several times, latest was almost 10 years ago - times travels fast :-D

    Enjoy Your weekend, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna: I was also pretty happy when the City of Baltimore started supporting glass/paper/plastic recycling. The junkyard (down the street, conveniently) now recycles car batteries, dead computers, paper, glass, metal, cardboard, and plastic.

    ReplyDelete